Friday, June 20, 2014
7 p.m. to midnight
Rain or shine
Paint the Town for Painted Dogs!
To celebrate Purina Painted Dog Preserve, one of the latest additions to River's Edge, A Zoo Ado 2014 will Paint the Town for painted dogs. Join us to sip, savor and swing in honor of these enchanting - and endangered - dogs. And, be sure to don your wildest wears to help us Paint the Town for painted dogs at A Zoo Ado 2014.
Graze among savory food stations and buffets offered by Mane Event Catering, the Saint Louis Zoo's caterer.
- African chicken satays with fruited rice and bissara sauce (split pea sauce with a North African twist)
- Brisket and portobello sliders with pickled red onion and mango chipotle BBQ sauce
- Greek salad with tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, onion, feta cheese and olives, seasoned with oregano and olive oil dressing
- Chicken spiedini (breadcrumb encrusted chicken breast with mushrooms, prosciutto, provel and a white wine lemon butter sauce)
- Baked lemon herb cod with roasted tomatoes and olives
- Mediterranean orzo with roasted vegetables including zucchini, yellow squash, fennel, red onion, sweet potato, carrot and red and green pepper in olive oil and Herb de Provence seasoned dressing
- Steamed green beans with a caramelized shallot and dijon mustard glaze
- Bread: rustic asiago, multigrain, Portuguese corn
- Jo Dee Messina Debuting in 1996 with the hit single Heads Carolina, Tales California, Jo Dee Messina has charted 9 number one singles, 16 Top 40 singles, and sold more than 5 million records worldwide. With its title ME chosen by fans, Jo Dee’s newest album – released March 18, 2014 – marks the forward-thinking country star's most personal album to date.
- Tyler Filmore Band
- DJ GriesLightning
- DJ Crucial
- DJ Greasy
Entertainment sponsored by Fifth Third Bank
Silent Auction sponsored by Albarré Jewelry
Start bidding on exciting silent auction items today! Visit bidpal.net/azooado to register for this year’s auction. Packages include a Sip and Soar Trip through Napa Valley, Grandstand Viewing Passes at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, VIP sports, concerts and theatre tickets, and more! If you are one of the first 50 guests to register, you will receive a $100 gift card to Albarré Jewelry. Be sure to register online before the event!
Wine and Dine Pull
Purchase a $50 ticket and “pull" for a bottle of wine or restaurant gift certificate valued at $50 and above. You could even be the lucky winner of a bottle of wine worth more than $250!
Tickets are sold out.
- General Admission $85 for Zoo members; $100 for non-members (7 p.m. to 12 midnight)
- Reserved Table $1500 for a table of 10 (6:30 p.m. to 12 midnight)
General Admission and Reserved Table tickets will be mailed. Free parking is provided on the North Lot on Government Drive. Sponsors and underwriters should enter through the South Entrance on Wells Drive at Tamm. For directions to the Zoo, click here.
Reservations are non-refundable. Attendees must be 21 years of age or older. Event will be held rain or shine.
For any accessibility needs (audio amplification devices, sign-language, interpreters, wheelchair assistance, etc.), please contact the Zoo Friends Office at (314) 646-4771 at least 48 hours prior to the event so that the Zoo can be sure to meet your needs.
Proceeds from the fundraiser help the free, world-class Saint Louis Zoo in its efforts to save endangered species at home and around the world.
A Zoo Ado Co-chairs
Matt Geekie and Lisa Nouss
Steering Committee and Full Committee
Underwriters and Sponsors
Presenting Sponsor: Wells Fargo Advisors
Entertainment Sponsor: Fifth Third Bank
Principal Underwriters: Mid America Chevy Dealers, U.S. Bank
Participating Underwriters: Ameren Corporation, AT&T Missouri, Edward Jones, First Bank, Monsanto, Novus International, Inc., Thompson Coburn LLP
Silent Auction Sponsor: Albarré Jewelry
Media Support: 93.7 The Bull