Friday, June 17, 2016
7 p.m. to midnight
Rain or shine
Arctic Light, Summer Night
Roam around the Zoo and discover a variety of cuisine at food stations located around campus. From savory to sweet, we've got your taste buds covered for this arctic evening.
Food Station 1
Beef Brisket and Portobello Mushroom Sliders served with Coleslaw
Food Station 2
Fajita Chicken and Fish Tacos served alongside Tortilla Chips with a Queso, Salsa and Toppings Bar
Food Station 3
Mediterranean Chicken Skewers served with Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Food Station 4
Coconut Shrimp and Lobster Crab Rangoon served with Mango Rice
Desserts (coming soon!)
- Party on the Moon This award-winning national party band promises to dazzle guests with current dance, 80s, classic rock, disco/funk, R&B, Motown and new country sounds and moves—for a party that's out of this world!
- Charles Glenn Duo
- The Usual Suspects
- DJ Andrew Mullins
The auction will take place in Lakeside Cafe and will be from 6:30 – 10:30 p.m. Check-out will begin at 10:45 p.m.
New This Year!
One-of-a-kind Saint Louis Zoo auction items:
• Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour at McDonnell Polar Bear Point
• Spend a morning with an animal nutrition keeper
• Scout for box turtles
• Spend a day with the Zoo veterinary staff
• Spend a day with the Zoo's Quarantine Manager
• Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour at the Charles H. Hoessle Herpetarium to see hellbenders and savor an Ozark-themed lunch
• Spend the morning with a penguin keeper
• Plus much more!
New for A Zoo Ado!
Animal Painting Pull! For $50, you'll be entered to win one of the paintings illustrated by some talented artists – our very own Zoo animals!
The Saint Louis Zoo’s Giving Board! From addax to zebra, all Zoo animals need your help. Our Giving Board represents all animal areas and how your donation supports the animals in our care.
Wear something wild from your wardrobe!
Go bold and beautiful in zoo-tastic, creative chic apparel. Enhance your
outfit with spots, stripes and scales, or rock a fun floral print on a polo shirt
or sundress. You'll be the top of the tundra at A Zoo Ado!
To make reservations please call (314) 646-4771
- General Admission $85 for Zoo members; $100 for non-members (7 p.m. to 12 midnight)
- Leaping Lemur Table $2000 for a table of 10 (6:30 p.m. to 12 midnight)
General Admission and Leaping Lemur tickets will be mailed. Free parking is provided on the South Lot on Wells Drive. Sponsors and underwriters should enter through the North Entrance on Government Drive. See directions.
Tickets are non-refundable. Attendees must be 21 years of age or older. Event will be held rain or shine.
For any accessibility needs (audio amplification devices, sign-language, interpreters, wheelchair assistance, etc.), please contact the Zoo Friends Office at (314) 646-4771 at least 72 hours prior to the event so that the Zoo can be sure to meet your needs.
Proceeds from the fundraiser help the free, world-class Saint Louis Zoo in its efforts to save endangered species at home and around the world.
A Zoo Ado Co-chairs
Wendy Henry and Maurice Quiroga
Steering Committee and Full Committee
Underwriters and Sponsors
Presenting Sponsor: Wells Fargo Advisors
Entertainment Sponsor: U.S. Bank
Gentle Giraffe: Mid America Chevy Dealers
Tip of the Iceberg: World Wide Technology, Inc.
VIP Reception: BKD, LLP
Fueling the Fare: Laclede Gas
Hotel Partner: The Cheshire
Playful Penguin: Ameren, AT&T, Cequel III, The David B. Lichtenstein Foundation, Edward Jones, First Bank, Graybar, Monsanto, Thompson Coburn LLP