Sunday, February 15, 2015
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bring the kids for the best family Mardi Gras celebration in town! The Zoo-style party is complete with mask-making, beads and grand finale parade.
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
(Let the good times roll!)
- Create your own unique mask of sequins, glitter and feathers in the Mardi Gras tradition.
- Mardi Gras beads for everyone!
- "Land of Smiles" performance at 11:30 a.m. in Anheuser Busch Theater in The Living World
- At 12:30 p.m., see a Punta San Juan WildCare Institute conservation video in Anheuser Busch Theater in The Living World.
- Keeper chat and enrichment for the takins at 1 p.m. in Red Rocks.
- Live music by North of the Quarter Band in Lakeside Cafe.
- Humboldt penguin keeper chat and enrichment activity presented by Prairie Farms Dairy at 1:30 p.m. outside of Penguin and Puffin Coast.
- At 3:00, join in the parade around the Zoo led by the Zoo's costumed characters and Delta Dental costumed characters Tooth Wizard, PlaqueMan and Tooth Fairy.
Stroller and Wagon Float Contest
Turn your child's wagon or stroller into a Mardi Gras parade float! Prizes will be awarded to the best float in the following categories: penguin, Mardi Gras and Delta Dental's healthiest smile. Entry forms by mail, e-mail or fax must be submitted by Monday, February 2. Entry forms may also be submitted prior to the parade on Sunday, February 15 in Lakeside Cafe from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. See judging criteria, rules and registration.
Because Delta Dental Mardi Gras is a family-friendly event with young children who might be frightened, visitors over age 13 in costume are not allowed unless they are accompanying children. Specifically, our policy requires no adults can be wearing a mask or otherwise have their face covered with face-painting, etc.
Admission – Free!
Admission to the Zoo and Winter Zoo festivities is free. Activities and games are designed for kids 2-10. Children must be accompanied by an adult. No reservations are needed. The Zoo is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sponsored by Delta Dental of Missouri, Prairie Farms Dairy and
FM NewsTalk 97.1.