Sunday, April 26, 2015
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Enjoy live entertainment, fun educational activities, keeper chats and more. Take action and become a Superhero for the planet Earth! Pick up a map of events at either Zoo entrance and head for Earth Day stations around the Zoo. Visit each station to gain the powers you will need to defend the earth. Visit at least three of the stations and claim your prize back at the Zoo's north or south entrance.
Keeper Chats & Enrichment Activities
- 11 a.m. — Spider monkeys in the Primate House
- 11:30 a.m. — Sea lions at Sea Lion Sound
Chimpanzees in Fragile Forest
- 12 noon — Antelope in the Antelope House
- 12:30 p.m. — Asian elephants in River's Edge
- 1 p.m. — African lions in Big Cat Country
- 1:30 p.m. — Giant tortoises in the Herpetarium
- 2 p.m. — Echidnas in the Children's Zoo
- 2:30 p.m. — Vultures in the Bird Garden
- 3 p.m. — Humboldt penguins in Penguin & Puffin Coast
Admission to the Zoo and Earth Day activities is free. Admission to the Children's Zoo is $4/person. Children under 2 are free. The Zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
St. Louis Earth Day Festival
Since 1989, the St. Louis Earth Day Festival has celebrated the magnificence of our planet and demonstrated ways to protect our natural resources. This year's festival takes place on April 26 at a variety of venues in Forest Park. For more information on these Earth Day activities and events, visit www.stlouisearthday.org.
- Mid America Chevy Dealers