May 23-September 1, 2014
Friday-Sunday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Labor Day, September 1 — 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
From Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, the Saint Louis Zoo offers your family even more flexibility with our expanded weekend hours. See Your Visit for daily schedules, attractions, prices, directions and more.
Jungle Boogie Friday Night Concert Series presented by Mid America Chevy Dealers
Fridays through August 29, 2014
"Splish splash" with the stingrays, "cha-cha" with the cheetahs, "salsa" with the sea lions or "two-step" with the tigers at Jungle Boogie, the Zoo's Friday night concert series for the whole family. See concert schedule.
New at the Zoo
Stingrays at Caribbean Cove is back for a season-long pool party! Open daily, now through September 28, 2014.
Sea Lion Sound is a spectacular new exhibit right in the heart of the Zoo. Get up close to the animals when you walk through underwater tunnel right into their habitat. Be sure to catch a Sea Lion Show!
Free Hour (8-9 a.m.)
Sea lion superstars will thrill you with flipper walks, ball balancing and lots of splashing! Timed tickets are $4 per person; children under age 2 are free. Shows at the Sea Lion Arena are at 10:30 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m. daily in summer, with an additional show at 5 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Live animal shows include a variety of exotic and domestic animals performing natural behaviors on stage. Shows are at 10 and 11 a.m., 1 and 2 p.m. daily, with an additional show at 4 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Keeper chats with live animals on stage at 9 a.m., 12 noon and 3 p.m. and at 5:30 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Admission to the Children's Zoo is $4 per person with free admission the first hour the Zoo is open; children under two are free.
Daily, 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Hyena (10:30), Insectarium (2:30)
- Monday: Children's Zoo (10:30), Giraffe (2:30)
- Tuesday: Animal Nutrition Center (10:30), Big Cat Country (2:30)
- Wednesday: Herpetarium (10:30), Gorilla (2:30)
- Thursday: Children's Zoo (10:30), Primate House (2:30)
- Friday: Bird House (10:30), Apes (2:30)
- Saturday: Cheetah (10:30), River's Edge (2:30)
Animal Enrichment & Training
Saturdays, 5:00-5:30 p.m.
- May 24: Red-billed hornbill, Bird House
- May 31: Elephants, River's Edge
- June 7: Giant tortoises, outside of Herpetarium
- June 14: Spider monkeys, Primate House
- June 21: Somali wild ass, Red Rocks
- June 28: Chimpanzees, Fragile Forest
- July 5: Insectarium
- July 12: Giant tortoises, outside of Herpetarium
- July 19: Ruffed lemurs, inside of Primate House
- July 26: Leopard tortoises, outside of Children's Zoo entrance
- August 2: Sun bears, River's Edge
- August 9: Orangutans, Fragile Forest
- August 16: Visayan warty pigs, Red Rocks
- August 23: Leopard tortoises, outside of Children's Zoo entrance
- August 30: Jaguar, Big Cat Country
Sundays, 5:00-5:30 p.m.
- May 25: Orangutans, Fragile Forest
- June 1: Lemurs, outside of Primate House
- June 8: To be determined
- June 15: Elephants, River's Edge
- June 22: Orangutans, Fragile Forest
- June 29: To be determined
- July 6: Lemurs, outside of Primate House
- July 13: Leopard tortoises, outside of Children's Zoo entrance
- July 20: Sun bears, River's Edge
- July 27: To be determined
- August 3: To be determined
- August 10: Leopard tortoises, outside of Children's Zoo entrance
- August 17: Hippos, River's Edge
- August 24: To be determined
- August 31: Hyenas, River's Edge
Stop by a Welcome Desk and ask about our Safari Tours! For $5 per person (children under two are free), take a 30-minute walking tour with one of our knowledgeable interpreters. Tour choices are Extreme Zoo Safari, River's Edge Safari and African Safari.
All animal buildings are open beginning the first hour of operation (8-9 a.m. in summer; 9-10 a.m. in off-season). Our keepers work very hard to have animals in outdoor displays by 9 a.m. You may occasionally see keepers working in an animal habitat. This is a great opportunity to ask our keepers about their work and the animals in their care!
Some of the animals are more active in the cooler hours of early morning and early evening. Occasionally, some animals may need to turn in early.
In addition, the current schedule for divers cleaning the Sea Lion Sound pools is 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week. That schedule is subject to change. The exhibit is still open when divers are in the pools, and visitors are welcome to go through the tunnel. Visitors may or may not see sea lions at these times.
- Prairie Farms Dairy