Stroll through the Saint Louis Zoo's enchanting holiday wonderland and enjoy thousands of colorful lights, animated light displays and seasonal sounds.
Event Dates & Times
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays: November 28-December 14, 2014
5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Nightly: December 19-23, 26-30, 2014 and January 2-3, 2015
5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Tickets to Wild Lights will be sold until 8:00 p.m. each night.
Exhibit is closed on December 24-25, 31 and January 1.
- $6 for Zoo members (no passes)
- $7 for general public
- Free for children under 2
- Tickets to Wild Lights will be sold until 8:00 p.m. each night.
Advance ticket orders
You may order Wild Lights tickets online or by phone at (314) 646-4771 for any night of the event. There are no extra fees for online or phone orders, however a $10 minimum is required. Orders must be made before 3 p.m. on the day you plan to attend.
If ordering online, you must print your online confirmation e-mail and present it to a volunteer at the South entrance, along with ID. (Please note, tickets will not be mailed.) Tickets purchased online may be used on any night of the event. Orders placed by phone must be for a specific night.
Hundreds of thousands of bulbs light up the Zoo!
- Arctic Wonderland
- Swan Lake
- Fantasy butterfly garden
- Snowfall Flurry Walk
- Poppin' prairie dogs
- Gingerbread Village
- Numerous trees and plantings ablaze in lights
Free Activities & Attractions
- Warm up with cold-blooded creatures at the Charles H. Hoessle Herpetarium.
- Get buggy at Monsanto Insectarium.
- Fireside stories: Gather 'round the fire as storytellers like Tundra Tom spin wintry tales about penguins, reindeer and other wildlife. Perhaps Arctic Annie will share chronicles of Missouri critters that live all around us. Come fluff your fur, warm your paws, and perk up your listening ears as you hear captivating animal stories. Sponsored by Prairie Farms Dairy.
- Base Camp Activity: Model camping area to explore, short guided hikes, owl hooting lessons, star gazing, sleeping bag rollup races and more!
- Hear live performances on select nights.
- Visit the Fresh 102.5 Craft Corner in Lakeside Cafe.
- Climb aboard your favorite animal on the Conservation Carousel. ($3/person, weather permitting)
- Join your favorite sloth on "Ice Age: Return of the Dinosaurs" 4D motion simulator. ($4/person)
Food & Shopping
- Hot chocolate, meals and snacks will be available for purchase at Lakeside Cafe.
- Shop our gift shops during Wild Lights and receive 10% off any purchase; Zoo members receive a 20% discount.
Holiday Light Recycling Drive
The Saint Louis Zoo is partnering with St. Louis Green to collect non-working holiday lights to be recycled and kept out of landfills. The public may drop off lights in recycle bins at the Zoo's North and South Entrances during Zoo hours through January 18 and on evenings of Wild Lights through January 3.
Free parking is available on the South Lot on Wells Drive near US40/I-64. Enter the event through the South Entrance.
Click here for detailed directions.
Advance Group Discount
Groups of 15 or more may receive a group rate of $6 per person by calling in advance. To order group tickets, call (314) 646-4718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets must be ordered by 11 a.m. on the day of your visit.
- U.S. Bank
- Eaton Corporation
- Prairie Farms Dairy
- Build-A-Bear Workshop® at the Zoo
- Fresh 102.5