1. How long is my membership active?
Your Zoo membership will be valid for one year from the month of purchase. For example, if you joined November 15, 2011, your membership expires November 30, 2012.
2. Who can I contact with questions about my membership?
Call the Membership Office, (314) 646-4771, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. If we don't answer, leave a message, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. You may also email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Welcome Desk located at both the North and South entrances at the Zoo.
3. How long after I purchase a Zoo membership will I receive my membership card?
Your membership card should arrive 7 to 10 business days after you join.
4. If I join online, can I use my benefits when I visit the Zoo today?
Yes! If you have plans to visit the Zoo and wish to use your member benefits, simply join online. After your transaction is complete, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Please print the e-mail confirmation and bring it with you to the Zoo. Show your e-mail confirmation to the parking attendant to receive free parking (parking capacity is limited), and present your confirmation sheet to the staff at the Welcome Desk, located at both the North and South entrances at the Zoo, to receive any attraction tickets needed for your visit that day.
5. If I visit the Zoo and join on-site, will I get reimbursed for parking?
You can receive a $10 discount off your Membership if you paid to park in a Zoo parking lot. If you are not a member on the day you pay to park at the Zoo, bring your parking receipt to the Welcome Desk, located at both the North and South entrances at the Zoo, on that same day and $10 of your parking fee will be deducted from the Membership you purchase on-site. Not valid with any other offers or discounts.
6. What are Anywhere Passes?
Anywhere Passes are available to members at the Senior/Student, Young Zoo Friend and Zoo-Goer levels. Anywhere Passes can be used in any combination for the following attractions; Zooline Railroad, Sea Lion Show, or Children's Zoo.
7. What are the differences between Anywhere Passes and Anywhere Plus Passes?
Anywhere Plus Passes are only available to members at the Family, Grandparent, Naturalist, Keeper, Zoologist, Curator, Director and Marlin Perkins Society levels. Anywhere Plus Passes can be used in any combination for the following attractions; Zooline Railroad, Sea Lion Show, Children's Zoo, Conservation Carousel or Stingrays at Caribbean Cove featuring Sharks.
8. How do I find out the number of Anywhere Passes and parking passes I have left?
Just call the Membership Office at (314) 646-4771. We will be happy to tell you the number of tickets remaining in your Membership account. Membership Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may also email questions to email@example.com or visit the Welcome Desk located at both the North and South entrances at the Zoo.
9. If I have printed attraction tickets from my Anywhere Passes that that I did not use, can I exchange them for different attraction tickets?
No. Once you redeem your Anywhere Passes for printed tickets you may not exchange them. Anywhere Passes and Anywhere Plus Passes expire when your Membership expires.
10. What is the difference between a Family membership and a Grandparent membership?
The Family level includes a special birthday postcard for a free lunch at the Zoo (with the purchase of an adult meal) for children 12 and under living in a member household. The Grandparent level is intended for grandparents and allows the member grandchildren to receive a special birthday postcard.
Not sure which one to choose? Here is some advice. When purchasing a membership for yourself and your children, select the Family level. If purchasing a membership so that you can bring your grandchildren, choose Grandparent. If you are a grandparent who would like to purchase a membership for your children and grandchildren to use, but don't intend to come often yourself, we recommend purchasing a Family membership as a gift for them. You would still be welcome to come with them anytime and enjoy the benefits of their Zoo membership.
11. Can I renew my membership online?
Yes! Check the renew box from our online membership form.
12. What should I do if I've lost my membership card?
We encourage members to replace lost or stolen cards as soon as possible. There is a $5 fee for a replacement card. To order a new card, call the Membership Office at (314) 646-4771 or visit the Welcome Desk located at both the North and South entrances at the Zoo.
13. Does my employer offer a matching gift program?
Check with your Human Resources Department to determine if your company offers a matching gift program. Please refer to the following link for a current list of known Zoo matching gift companies.
14. Can I lend my membership card to a friend?
No. Memberships are nontransferable and are intended for use by individual households only.
15. Why do I have to show a photo ID when I use my card?
Occasionally, we request a photo ID to help protect members whose cards might have been lost or stolen.
16. Is a Saint Louis Zoo membership good at other zoos?
Yes! The Saint Louis Zoo has a reciprocal agreement with many other AZA accredited zoos in the U.S. Your card entitles you to discounted or free admission to those participating reciprocal zoos. Please call ahead to participating AZA zoos to verify the discounts being offered.
17. If I am a member of another zoo, can I receive any benefits at the Saint Louis Zoo?
Yes. Although the Saint Louis Zoo has free admission, if you're a member of a Reciprocal Zoo, you will be able to purchase up to (4) Safari Passes for half price, $5. (See current regular price of Safari Pass.) These discounted Safari Passes can only be purchased on-site at a Welcome Desk, located at both the North and South entrances at the Zoo. You must present your active membership card from your reciprocal Zoo to receive this benefit.
18. Is my membership tax deductible?
Yes! Your membership may be considered a charitable contribution, except:
- Zoo-Goer, Young Zoo Friend, Family, Grandparent, Senior or Student: The entire gift may be considered a charitable contribution, except the retail value of the Zoo calendar ($5).
- Conservation Advocate, Naturalist: Same consideration as a Zoo-Goer, except the value of Nature's Best Photography ($24) if you receive it.
- Keeper: Same consideration as a Conservation Advocate, except the value of Rendezoo ($20/couple), if you attend.
- Zoologist, Curator or Director: Same consideration as a Keeper, except the value of the appreciation dinner ($35/couple), if you attend.
- Marlin Perkins Society: Same consideration as a Conservation Advocate, except the value of the annual society dinner ($100/couple), if you attend, and excluding $30 for the Marlin Perkins Society new member gift.
Please consult your tax professional.
19. Can I upgrade my Membership?
Yes! You may upgrade your Membership during the first six months that your Membership is active. Just call the Membership Office at (314) 646-4771 or visit a Welcome Desk, located at both the North and South entrances at the Zoo.
20. How many Membership cards will I receive?
Members at the Conservation Advocate, Senior/Student, Young Zoo Friend, Zoo-Goer, Family, Grandparent and Naturalist levels receive one Membership card. Members at the Keeper, Zoologist, Curator and Marlin Perkins Society receive 2 cards. The Zoo Membership cards are a plastic swipe card that automatically keeps track of your parking and Anywhere passes. Additional cards may be purchase for $5 by calling the Membership office at (314) 646-4771 or visit the Welcome Desk, located at both the North and South entrances at the Zoo.
21. Are Members guaranteed a parking space in the Zoo’s parking lots?
No. Although free parking is one of your many Zoo benefits, unfortunately the parking lots may be full at times. In order to secure a parking space, we recommend arriving at the Zoo early. Parking is on a first come, first served basis.
22. How do I buy a membership gift certificate for an auction?
You may stop by a Welcome Desk, located at both North and South entrances at the Zoo, or call the Membership Office at (314) 646-4771 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you are purchasing a Zoo-Goer or Family membership gift certificate at the Welcome Desk, you may take the gift certificate with you that day or have it mailed to you. If you are purchasing any other level membership at the Welcome Desk or by phone, your gift certificate will be mailed to you. The gift recipient(s) will need to complete the form and mail it back to the Zoo to activate their membership.