Strollers and Wheelchair Rentals
Wheelchairs, strollers and motorized vehicles are available to rent at The Living World and South Gate. All are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Wheelchairs: $7 per day. A photo I.D. is required for rental.
- Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECV): Available to those 18 years or older in limited quantities at $25.00 per day. Other restrictions may apply. A driver's license is the only I.D. accepted for rental of Electric Convenience Vehicles.
- Single strollers: $9 per day
- Double strollers: $11 per day
- Infant strollers: $10 per day. Intended for infants not exceeding 25 pounds. Limited quantity available.
The Saint Louis Zoo's programs and facilities are available for people of all abilities. Please let us know (preferably 24 hours in advance) if there is anything that would make a program or facility more accessible to you or your group.
Main telephone number: (314) 781-0900, (800) 966-8877
All major facilities are wheelchair accessible, as are most restrooms. A map of the Zoo, including ramps, accessible entrances and grades of pathways, is available as you enter the Zoo. A TDD phone is available at The Living World.
See our online visual schedule. It was designed with the intent of helping caregivers of individuals with autism and other special needs make the most of a visit to the Zoo, but can be utilized by anyone.
Coolers, Picnic Baskets
Coolers and picnic baskets are permitted on the Zoo grounds. There are picnic tables located in central areas at the Zoo.
Hospital paramedics, EMTs and Zoo volunteers staff the new facility located near the Conservation Carousel at the northeast corner of the Zoo. The building includes curtained-off exam areas and cots for patients. The First Aid Station is also lactation site for nursing mothers and a place for lost children to reunite with their families.
A first aid vehicle equipped with first aid supplies and a stretcher will also reach people needing assistance at locations around the Zoo.
Visit St. Louis Children's Hospital for more information.
For the safety and welfare of our animals and visitors, the following are prohibited:
- Smoking is prohibited, except in designated smoking areas
- Dogs or other pets (service animals are permitted)
- Feeding the animals
- Entering non-public areas
- Bicycles (racks are available at entrances)
- Skates, skateboards, roller blades or scooters
- Loud radios
- Distribution of any advertisement, circular or handbill, or solicitation of funds or pledges of contributions within Zoo property
- Personal video and photography are permitted, provided they don't interrupt the visitor experience for others
- Student/commercial filming must be approved by the Zoo's Public Relations Department in advance
- Wearing a costume or mask if over the age of 13
Your cooperation with these rules is appreciated.