About the Education Department
The Education Department offers programs designed to help individuals and families of all ages and abilities learn through experience, involvement and discovery.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, additional restrictions will be required for attending all in-person programs.
- Masks are required for all program participants, and are to be worn both inside and outside.
- Participants attending multi-day programs will be required to complete a daily screening form.
- If a program session is cancelled due to COVID-19 related issues, we will offer a virtual program if applicable, or issue a full refund.
- We will communicate any changes based on Zoo policy as we get closer to your program date.
Summer 2022 Programs
Online Registration for Summer Programs will open for Zoo Members on Tuesday, March 15, 2022, at 9 a.m., and for the General Public on Wednesday, March 16, 2022, at 1 p.m.
Fall 2021 / Spring 2022 Programs
Learn more about all programs by searching by program type below:
- Program Registration
- Early Childhood (children ages 12 months - 6 years)
- Youth Camp (children in grades 1st-5th)
- Families (families with children ages 5 and up)
- Adults -Escape the Zoo, Breakfast is for the Birds (ages 18 and up)
Private In-Person Programs:
- Families -Family Night Hikes, Turtle Tracking Safari, Safari Walking Tours
- Adults -Adult Night Hikes, Safari Walking Tours
Please visit our virtual conservation learning page for digital resources and virtual programs.
The Zoo is NOW OPEN. Reservations are required to visit. Review the Zoo’s reopening guidelines and make a reservation.
If you have questions, please email or call us at (314) 646-4544, #6.