About the Education Department
The Education Department offers programs designed to help individuals and families of all ages and abilities learn through experience, involvement and discovery.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, additional restrictions will be required for attending all in-person programs. See the sections on Covid-19 Guidelines for In-Person Programs, the Covid-19 Policy and the Covid-19 Terms and Conditions found on the COVID-19 Information page.
Fall 2022 Programs
Fall online registration opens on July 6, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- Early Childhood (children ages 6 months to 5 year)
- Youth Camps (children in grades 1 - 5)
- Families (families with children ages 5 and up)
- Adults (ages 18 and up)
- Homeschool Groups (families with children ages 5 and up)
Summer 2022 Programs
Online Registration for Summer Programs now open.
- Zoo Career -Day with the Rays, Advanced Day with the Rays, Diggin' with Dinos, Engineer for a Day (children entering 2nd grade/age 8 - adult)
- Camps (children ages 4 - entering 12th grade)
- Summer Families (families with children ages 5 and up)
- Summer Adults (ages 18 and up)
- 2022 Summer Programs Brochure pdf
Private In-Person Programs:
- Families -Family Night Hikes, Turtle Tracking Safari, Safari Walking Tours, Family Overnights
- Adults -Adult Night Hikes, Safari Walking Tours, Adult Overnights
It is our goal that children of all abilities play and learn together in our programs. The individual program will determine the level of support needed for participation. The unique public nature of the Zoo, student-to-teacher ratios and program activities may require that families provide a qualified aide to help with additional supports needed. To help determine the best program for your child and answer other questions please visit our Inclusion FAQ page. Our goal is that every child has the opportunity to reach their full potential in our conservation education programs. Our programs are developmentally appropriate for the set age range listed. We realize that sometimes developmental level does not correlate to chronological age. If this is the case, you can reach out to us to determine the best placement for your child. To discuss any other inclusion questions please contact Laura Seger at email@example.com.
Please visit our virtual conservation learning page for digital resources and virtual programs.
The Zoo is NOW OPEN. Reservations are required to visit. Review the Zoo’s reopening guidelines and make a reservation.
If you have questions, please email or call us at (314) 646-4544, #6.