For children age 4 - entering 1st grade
Children must be 4 years old by their program date. No exceptions will be made.
Camp Joey - Virtual Edition
Children attend independently on a personal electronic device (laptop, tablet, etc.). Caregivers simply need to be available to assist if there are technical issues. Camp counselors are early childhood educators that have spent the last year developing and leading classes in the Saint Louis Zoo’s virtual preschool program. They have created interactive and engaging virtual experiences for young children, which are fun, educational and developmentally appropriate. Small group sizes of one teacher for every six students allows for personal connection and positive social and emotional experiences with counselors and fellow campers. For more information, please see Camp Joey FAQ's.
It’s time to hop out of the pouch and into the exciting world of Zooper Heroes! Discover the amazing superpowers of animals that live at the Saint Louis Zoo and beyond, as well as how you too can become a Zooper Hero, and help animals in your own backyard and around the world! Our days will be filled with hands-on science and art experiences, exclusive tours, active games, songs and more! We’ll also explore animal adaptations through fun STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) challenges, expert interviews and play-based experiences, while having Zoo fun and learning to appreciate the animal world together.
- Design your own Zooper Hero
- Play active animal games
- Create art from recycled and natural materials
- Sing Zoo tunes
- Visit great Zoo habitats virtually
- And more!
Instructors: Zoo Early Childhood Educators
- Please note: Additional programs may have sold out since our last website update.
- Wait lists are first come, first serve. Click here to confirm your spot on the wait list (if applicable).
Three Hour Sessions (5 days)
Limited to 30 campers per session
Fee: Zoo Members $155/General Public $175
Date Days Time June 7-11 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 14-18 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 21-25 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 28-July 2 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 5-9 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 12-16 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 19-23 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 26-30 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. August 2-6 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. August 9-13 M-F 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Thanks to generous gifts from AFB International, Michael and Joyce Bytnar, the Engelhardt Family Foundation, First Bank, the Kwame Family Foundation, Sherry Price and Robert Miner and the Walter and Nancy Galvin Education Scholarship Fund the Saint Louis Zoo is pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for our educational summer camp programs! These donors provide financial assistance for under-resourced students to attend our summer camps. Full scholarships are available for children who are interested in learning about the animal world, but could not otherwise attend our camp programs due to financial limitations.
To apply for a scholarship:
- Each child must have a completed Recommendation Form. This should be completed by someone who knows your child and financial situation, and is neither related to you nor your child. Only one Recommendation form per child is required; however we will accept two if one individual better knows your child and another can better address your financial situation.
- Choose one option to complete your application: