Zoo Camps run June through early August
For students age 4 to entering Kindergarten
Get ready, little ones! It’s time to hop out of the pouch and into the Zoo at Camp Joey! Our days will be filled with animal antics, habitat ventures and Zoo fun as we experience and appreciate the animal world together. Campers will be learning about the animals living in their homes and backyards, as well as those at the Zoo and in the wild.
For students entering 1st - 6th grades
Explore the Zoo with caring counselors and new friends, meet the animals and learn amazing things at Camp KangaZoo! Campers spend time in age-specific groups for most activities, and are all together each day for an introduction, lunch and snack. Camp KangaZoo T-shirt, group photo, snacks, Thursday pizza dinner and Friday morning breakfast included. A detailed information packet will be sent before camp begins.
For students entering 7th - 9th grades
Too old for Camp? Then you're ready for Teen Camp; an awesome, summer adventure for teens! Teen Camp combines all of the best aspects of camp - fun, friends, music, crafts, skits, live animal encounters and cool counselors - with more in-depth information about Zoo animals and conservation, and a special field experience!
For students entering 1st - 12th grades
Our specialty camps are perfect for campers who love to learn and make discoveries, and want to continue exploring their passion for science and nature. Through topics on marine biology, zoology, zoo careers, and conservation leadership, our experienced educators will guide campers in hands-on experiments, animal investigations, and unique opportunities that will connect them to the amazing animals at our Zoo and beyond.
The Saint Louis Zoo is proud to partner with Blueprint4Summer.
The Saint Louis Zoo is grateful to the following donors for providing financial assistance for under-resourced students to attend Camp Joey, Camp KangaZoo or Teen Camp: Joyce & Michael Bytnar, the Engelhardt Family Foundation, First Bank, Inc., Harris Frank, the Walter and Nancy Galvin Education Scholarship Fund, Post Holdings and Kevin Travers.
To apply for a scholarship:
- Each child must have a completed Recommendation Form. This should be completed by someone who knows your child and financial situation, and is neither related to you nor your child. Only one Recommendation form per child is required; however we will accept two if one individual better knows your child and another can better address your financial situation.
- Choose one option to complete your application:
- The Parent/Guardian and the child can complete the Camp Scholarship Application and return the forms to us by April 25, 2019.
- Apply for a Camp Scholarship online by April 25, 2019. After completing the online application, each child must complete a Child Essay Form and return the form to us by April 25, 2019.
Although the application deadline (April 25) has passed, late applications will be considered on a rolling basis as long as funds remain.
Zebra Stripes Form
If your child has special needs, please describe them using the Zebra Stripes form. There are 3 ways to complete the form:
- The form located here may be filled out online*, saved and emailed to Chris Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Printing the form and filling it in by hand is another option. The form may then be faxed to (314) 646-5535 or mailed to Saint Louis Zoo, #1 Government Drive, St. Louis, MO 63110, attention Chris Blair. The fax machine is not secured for confidentiality, it is open for use to all staff.
- If you would like to complete the form online using Survey Monkey please request the link from Chris Blair at email@example.com or (314) 646-4545.
- Please contact Chris Blair, Education Inclusion Specialist, for additional information.
* Please note: You will be able to fill out the form online using Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. If you are using other browsers, you may need to print the form and complete it.