For participants ages 7 to adult
Come aboard and learn to be a Zooline Railroad engineer! Get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to be a part of one of the top attractions at the Saint Louis Zoo. Participants will:
- Tour the Zooline Railroad maintenance shed, helping an engineer with daily morning activities
- Participate in daily train safety checks with an engineer
- Ride with an engineer on the locomotive*, blowing the whistle and ringing the bell
- Tear tickets at the railroad stations and help passengers board the train
- Help announce a narrated tour on the train (optional)
To look the part, you will receive a nametag, Zoo bandana, engineer cap and will enjoy a complimentary lunch with a Zooline Railroad engineer. Two complimentary train tickets will be issued so your accompanying family members can join in on the fun. You will also take home a special certificate, suitable for framing, as a reminder of your day on the Saint Louis Zoo’s railroad!
Limited to two participants on weekdays
Limited to one participant on weekends and holidays
Fee: Zoo Members $125/General Public $135
March 15 - August 30, 2019
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
(except May 25 - 27, July 4)
September 3 - October 31, 2019
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
(except October 26)
Participants will be registered for only one date.
*Due to safety concerns, participants under the age of 8 will be limited to only riding on the engine from The Wild Railroad Station to Discovery Corner Railroad Station.