For participants ages 7 to adult
Come aboard and learn to be a Zooline Railroad engineer! Get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to be a part of one of the top attractions at the Saint Louis Zoo. Participants will:
- Tour the Zooline Railroad maintenance shed, helping an engineer with daily morning activities
- Participate in daily train safety checks with an engineer
- Ride with an engineer on the locomotive*, blowing the whistle and ringing the bell
- Tear tickets at the railroad stations and help passengers board the train
- Help announce a narrated tour on the train (optional)
To look the part, you will receive a nametag, Zoo bandana, engineer cap and will enjoy a complimentary lunch with a Zooline Railroad engineer. Two complimentary train tickets will be issued so your accompanying family members can join in on the fun. You will also take home a special certificate, suitable for framing, as a reminder of your day on the Saint Louis Zoo’s railroad!
Limited to two participants on weekdays.
Limited to one participant on weekends and holidays.
Fee: Zoo Members $125/General Public $135
March 11 - September 4, 2017
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
(not available June 16, July 2 - 4)
September 5 - October 29, 2017
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
(not available October 28)
Participants will be registered for only one date.
For this program, mark your choices for DATES instead of CODES on the registration form. Due to the popularity of this program, please list as many program choices as possible. Include a separate sheet if necessary.
*Due to safety concerns, participants under the age of 8 will be limited to only riding on the engine from The Wild Railroad Station to Discovery Corner Railroad Station.