Advance registration is required for all programs. Registrations must be received at least two weeks prior to the scheduled program date, and subject to availability.
Zoo members receive priority registration and a discount on program fees. If you would like to join or renew your membership, please visit Membership or call (314) 646-4771 for more information.
- Mail-in/drop-off Registration Forms.
- Camp Programs Registration and Health/Information Form for Camp Joey, Camp KangaZoo, Teen Camp and Specialty Camps
- Individual Registration Form for all other programs
- Online Registration
- Fax, email and phone registrations are not accepted.
- Participants must be the appropriate age or grade level and can only register for one session of each camp topic or program title.
- Processing fees will apply for duplicate registrations, cancellations and/or transfers.
Should I Register By Mail Or Online?
Since it is not possible to see how many spaces are available, this may impact you most if you:
- Are registering multiple children.
- Have a friend trying to register their child for the same program.
- Are registering for the career programs where there are just 1-4 openings per day.
Advantages to online registration is the ability to check out, and receive an immediate confirmation that spaces have been held in the program(s) you have chosen.
Processing fees will apply to change or cancel any registration.
Who Can I Register?
Whether you choose mail-in or online registrations, you can register:
- Immediate family members residing in the same household (spouse and children).
- Grandchildren (as general public registration or as part of your membership if you have a Grandparent Zoo Membership level or above).
NOTE: Zoo members are NOT eligible to register nieces, nephews, friends, neighbors, out of town guests, etc. Extended family members, friends, neighbors, and out of town guests must register themselves and their household members separately under their own membership or at general public pricing.
When will Registration Forms be Processed?
Processing of Early Registration Forms will begin on March 5, 2019. Zoo Member registrations are processed first followed by General Public registrations.
- Mail-in/drop off registrations must be received by Monday, March 4, 2019 at 4 p.m.
Daily Registrations will include any registrations received after March 4, 2019. These will be processed upon completion of the Early Registrations, in the order received.
We offer “buddy” registration for our Camp Programs for mailed-in forms only. For guaranteed buddy registration:
- The Camp Registration Forms, with the parent’s original signatures on the Terms and Conditions, for your child and for his/her friend must be mailed together in the same envelope.
- Only one buddy/friend’s form may be included in your envelope.
- For Early Registration for Zoo members, both families must have a current Zoo membership.
- For Early Registration for general public, you and/or your buddy may be Zoo members or general public.
- Listing a buddy during online registration does NOT guarantee that they will be together. It is only a request that can be fulfilled IF both children are registered for the same Camp session.
Transfer and cancellation fees will apply if you need to change your registration.
Early Mail-In Registration
To be eligible for Early Mail-in Registration, your envelope must be RECEIVED by 4 p.m. on March 4, 2019. By random draw lottery, all envelopes from current Zoo Members will be processed first, followed by envelopes from the General Public. Due to the volume of mail, completion of Early Mail-in Registration may take one week. Your confirmation will be sent by email no later than March 22, 2019. If you wish to receive a paper confirmation by mail, please check the box on the registration form(s).
Preparing Your Registration Envelope
Before mailing or dropping off your envelope, check to make sure it includes the following (any missing information may delay your registration while we attempt to contact you):
- Completed registration form(s)
- All membership, household and participant information.
- Original signature(s) on the Terms and Conditions of each adult participant and the parent/legal guardian for participants under the age of 18.
- Complete Payment
- Credit Card or Saint Louis Zoo gift card - include complete credit card or Saint Louis Zoo gift card information on your form(s). Your account will only be charged for programs in which you are enrolled. If the balance of your Saint Louis Zoo gift card does not cover the cost of all your programs, you must include credit card information to cover the difference. Please read the gift card terms and conditions for purchasing details.
- Check - A SEPARATE CHECK is required for each program. We will deposit checks for programs in which you are enrolled, and we will return any checks to you for programs that are sold out. A fee will be assessed for any checks returned due to insufficient funds. All checks should be made payable to "Saint Louis Zoo Education Department." Please write your phone number on your check.
- ONE buddy may be included for all camp programs. Please see "Buddy Registration."
Drop Off or Mail Your Registration Envelope
Please mark your envelope clearly as listed below:
Zoo Members Early Registration - Must be received by 4 p.m. on March 4, 2019
- ATTN: Zoo Members Early Registration
General Public Early Registration - Must be received by 4 p.m. on March 4, 2019
- ATTN: General Public Early Bird Registration
Forms mailed after March 4, 2019
- ATTN: Daily Registration
Registration forms in envelopes, marked as noted above, should be mailed to:ATTN: _______(see above)________________
Saint Louis Zoo Finance Department
One Government Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63110
Registration forms in a SEALED envelope, marked as noted above, will be accepted in the Education Department, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Education Department offices are located on the lower level of The Living World building/North Entrance.
You will receive a Registration Report by email or mail (if requested). Please read each of your Registration Report(s) carefully for the following information:
- Confirmed program dates and times (these may be your 2nd or 3rd choice).
- Special notes or directions about confirmed programs such as lunches, program locations, or supplies.
- Waiting list information if all program sessions you selected were sold out.
Online Registration is also available.
Additional Registration Information
NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel programs due to low enrollment or extenuating circumstances. Full refunds will be issued.
During the processing of your mail-in form, you will be placed on the waiting list(s) if ALL of your session choices for a requested program are sold out. If you are placed on a waiting list, we will not process the payment for that program. We will notify you if an opening occurs.
If you accept an opening, you will then be asked to pay for the program.
If you are placed into one of your program session choices, you will NOT be placed on the waiting list for other sessions of that program.
Change of Plans - Cancellations
Advance notice is required for refund requests.
Please notify the Education Department as soon as possible at (314) 646-4544, option #6.
Cancellation fees apply as follows:
- Camp Joey, Camp KangaZoo, Teen Camp and Specialty Camps - Fee: $25 (with at least two weeks' notice)
- KangaCare and all other programs - Fee: $8 (with at least two weeks notice)
- Less than two weeks' notice - no refund
Transfers are subject to availability and as long as the participant is the appropriate grade level or age.
Please notify the Education Department at least two weeks before the start day of the Camp/program session. Transfer fees apply and are due at the time of your request:
- Camp Joey, Camp KangaZoo, Teen Camp and Specialty Camps
- Two weeks' notice – Fee: $25
- KangaCare and all other programs
- Two weeks' notice – Fee: $8
It is unlikely that transfers will be available with less than two weeks' notice.
Parking For Programs
Parking is available on the Zoo's North Lot on Government Drive and South Lot on Wells Drive for a fee. Members can use their free parking benefits. Limited free street parking is available. Visit Parking & Directions for parking details and pricing.
Please allow a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the program start time to park or drop off participants. For all Camp programs, specific parking information will be included in the camp packet and or on the Registration Report.
Children under the age 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Parents of children under the age of 14, please plan to escort your child to class, and then pick them up when their program is over. You will be asked to sign your child “in” and “out” before and after programs. All program participants will be accompanied by Zoo staff and/or Zoo volunteers during their program.