Advance registration is required for all programs.Registrations must be received at least two weeks prior to the scheduled program date, and subject to availability.
Zoo Members receive priority registration and a discount on program fees. If you would like to join, or renew you membership, please visit Membership or call (314) 646-4771 for more information.
- Mail-in/drop-off Registration Forms.
- Online Registration
- Fax, email and phone registrations are not accepted.
- Participants must be the appropriate age or grade level and can only register for one session of each camp topic or program title.
- Processing fees will apply for duplicate registrations, cancellations, and/or transfers.
Should I Register By Mail Or Online?
Since it is not possible to see how many spaces are available, this may impact you most if you:
- Are registering multiple children.
- Have a friend trying to register their child for the same program.
- Are registering for the career programs where there are just 1-4 openings per day.
Advantages to online registration is the ability to check out, and receive an immediate confirmation that spaces have been held in the program(s) you have chosen.
Processing fees will apply to change or cancel any registration.
Who Can I Register?
Whether you choose mail-in or online registrations, you can register:
- Immediate family members residing in the same household (spouse and children).
- Grandchildren (as general public registration or as part of your membership if you have a Grandparent Zoo Membership level or above).
NOTE: Zoo Members are NOT eligible to register nieces, nephews, friends, neighbors, out of town guests, etc. Extended family members, friends, neighbors, and out of town guests must register themselves and their household members separately under their own membership or at general public pricing.
When Does Registration Open?
Early Registration opens March 8, 2016. Zoo Member registrations are processed first followed by General Public registrations.
- Mail-in/drop off registrations must be received by Friday, March 4, 2016 at 4 p.m.
- Online registration opens for Zoo Members on March 8, 2016 at 9 a.m.
- Online registration opens for the General Public on March 10, 2016 at 2 p.m.
Daily Registrations will include any registrations received after March 4, 2016. These will be processed upon completion of the Early Registrations, in the order received.
We offer “buddy” registration for our Camp Programs for mailed-in forms only. For guaranteed buddy registration:
- The Camp Registration Forms, with the parent’s original signatures on the Terms and Conditions, for your child and for his/her friend must be mailed together in the same envelope.
- Only one buddy/friend’s form may be included in your envelope.
- For Early Registration for Zoo Members, both families must have a current Zoo Membership.
- For Early Registration for General Public, you and/or your buddy may be Zoo Members or general public.
- Listing a buddy during online registration does NOT guarantee that they will be together. It is only a request that can be fulfilled IF both children register themselves for the same Camp session.
- Transfer and cancellation fees will apply if you need to change your registration.
Early Mail-In Registration
To be eligible for Early Mail-in Registration, your envelope must be RECEIVED by 4 p.m. on March 4, 2016. By random draw lottery, all envelopes from current Zoo Members will be processed first, followed by envelopes from the General Public. Due to the volume of mail, completion of Early Mail-in Registration may take one week. Your confirmation will be sent by email no later than March 25, 2016. If you wish to receive a paper confirmation by mail, please check the box on the registration form(s).
Preparing Your Registration Envelope
Before mailing or dropping off your envelope, check to make sure it includes the following (any missing information may delay your registration while we attempt to contact you):
- Completed registration form(s)
- All Membership, household and participant information.
- Original signature(s) on the Terms and Conditions of each adult participant and the parent/legal guardian for participants under the age of 18.
- Complete Payment
- Credit Card or Saint Louis Zoo Gift Card - include complete credit card or Saint Louis Zoo Gift Card or Saint Louis Zoo Gift Card information on your form(s), your account will only be charged for programs in which you are enrolled. If the balance of your Saint Louis Zoo Gift Card does not cover the cost of all your programs, you must include credit card information to cover the difference.Please read the gift card terms and conditions for purchasing details.
- Check - A SEPARATE CHECK is required for each program. We will deposit checks for programs in which you are enrolled, and we will return any checks to you for programs that are sold out. A fee will be assessed for any checks returned due to insufficient funds. All checks should be made payable to "Saint Louis Zoo Education Department." Please write your phone number on your check.
- ONE Camp Program buddy may be included. Please see "Buddy Registration."
Drop Off or Mail Your Registration Envelope
Please mark your envelope clearly as listed below:
Zoo Members Early Registration - Must be received by 4 p.m. on March 4, 2016
- ATTN: Zoo Members Early Registration
General Public Early Registration - Must be received by 4 p.m. on March 4, 2016
- ATTN: General Public Early Bird Registration
Forms mailed after March 4, 2016
- ATTN: Daily Registration
Registration forms in envelopes, marked as noted above, should be mailed to:ATTN: _______(see above)________________
Saint Louis Zoo Finance Department
One Government Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63110
Registration forms in a SEALED envelope, marked at noted above, will be accepted in the Education Department offices, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Education Department offices are located on the lower level of The Living World building/North Entrance.
Status of Mail-In Registrations
You will receive a Registration Report by email or mail (if requested). Please read each of your Registration Report(s) carefully for the following information:
- Confirmed program dates and times (these may be your 2nd or 3rd choice).
- Special notes or directions about confirmed programs such as lunches, program locations, or supplies.
- Waiting list information if all program sessions you selected were sold out.
- Early Online Registration for Zoo Members will open at 9 a.m. on March 8, 2016.
- Early Online Registration for the General Public will open at 2 p.m. on March 10, 2016.
- To ensure you receive our e-mail communications, please add email@example.com to your contact list.
What Do I Need To Register Online?
Before you begin the online registration process, please review the complete list of Programs for Individuals & Families.
You will need to be prepared with the following information:
- Zoo Member’s Name, Address, Member Number, Member Level and Member, Expiration Date or Head of Household information if not a Zoo Member.
- Contact phone number(s) and e-mail address.
- Each participant’s first and last name, birth date and/or grade level.
- Your calendar or selection of Zoo program(s) you would like to attend.
For Youth, Career programs and Camp programs, the following information will be needed:
- Two emergency contact names and phone numbers.
- Child’s medical conditions, special needs, allergies, special accommodations, medications.
- For Camp programs, the name of one buddy may be entered in the system. Listing a buddy during online registration does NOT guarantee that they will be together. It is only a request that can be fulfilled IF both children are registered for the same Camp session. Note: For Camp programs, please include names of individuals approved to pick up your child.
Using The Online Registration System
Once you have logged on, any program not shown as "sold out" will have at least one opening. Please note that availability for programs listed on our website is subject to change. To be placed on a waiting list for a sold out program session, please call the Education Department at (314) 646-4544, option #6.
- When you are ready to register, proceed to Summer Online Registration.
- Choose either Zoo Member or General Public registration. Then select the program category.
- Existing account users should log on or new users will need to create an account. If you forget your password, you can request that your password be emailed to the logon email address. The Education Department will not be able to give your password over the phone. If your address or contact information has changed since you last used online registration, please call the Education Department at (314) 646-4544, option #6 to update this information.
- Enter the first participant’s information and select the program(s) and session(s) requested.
- Before check out, you may add additional participants, programs, program categories or edit the programs you selected.
- After reviewing your selections, and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you may click “Submit” to complete the check out process. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. The credit card will be processed by PayPal.
- After completing the check out process, transfer and cancellation fees will apply if you need to change your registration.
Status Of Online Registrations
For online registration, at the time of check out you will receive either:
- Immediate confirmation that your payment was processed and spaces are held.
- Notification that a session you selected is sold out with the option to choose another session.
The spaces in the programs you have selected are not confirmed until you check out and receive your electronic confirmation. Please print the confirmation page for your records and close the window. This confirmation will also be sent by e-mail. If you do not see this e-mail in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail folder as some e-mail systems send them to this folder by mistake. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to help prevent this error.
After you check out and receive your confirmation, you will not be able to reopen that order and make changes online.
Completed Online Registrations
All registrations will be reviewed by our staff. Follow-up email(s) will consist of one or more of the following:
- Registration Report to confirm your programs
- Request for additional information or clarification
- Terms and Conditions Form will need to be signed by each adult participant or by the parent/ legal guardian of participants under the age of 18 years.
Your e-mail confirmation will be the only notice you receive for your program. You will not receive one in the mail. Please allow 24-48 hours for our staff to send a final confirmation/follow-up email to complete your registration.
Additional Registration Information
We reserve the right to cancel programs due to low enrollment or extenuating circumstances. Full refunds will be issued.
During the processing of your mail-in form, you will be placed on the waiting list(s) if ALL of your session choices for a requested program are sold out. If you are placed on a waiting list, we will not process the payment for that program. We will notify you if an opening occurs.
If you accept an opening, you will then be asked to pay for the program.
If you are placed into one of your program session choices, you will NOT be placed on the waiting list for other sessions of that program.
Change of Plans - Cancellations
A minimum of two weeks advance notice is required for refund requests.
Please notify the Education Department as soon as possible at (314) 646-4544, option #6.
Cancellation fees apply as follows:
- Camp Programs and Junior Marine Biologist - Fee $25
- For all other programs - Fee $8
Transfers are subject to availability and as long as the participant is the appropriate grade level or age.
Please notify the Education Department at least two weeks before the start day of the Camp/program session. Transfer fees apply and are due at the time of your request:
- Camp Programs and Junior Marine Biologist
- Two weeks notice – Fee $25
- Less than two weeks notice – Fee $50
- For all other programs
- Two weeks notice – Fee $8
- Less than two weeks notice - no refund.
Parking For Programs
Please allow a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the program start time in order to park or drop off participants.
Camp Programs and Youth Programs – special information about parking and drop-off will be included in your parent handbook or Registration Report.
Parking and Drop-off Options include:
- Zoo's parking lots for a fee (members can use their free parking benefit).
- Free parking on streets around Zoo.