9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday, October 17-18
Saturday & Sunday, October 24-25
Saturday, October 31
Enjoy free, daytime Halloween fun at Halloweekends! Come to the Zoo dressed in family-friendly costumes,* and as you walk around to see the animals, you’ll find non-scary Halloween decorations around Zoo grounds. Plus, enjoy special discounts and fall-themed menus. The animals will get in on the fun, too—watch as they receive special pumpkin enrichment! Halloweekends is not a trick-or-treating experience.
#StlZoo #FallAtTheZoo #StlZooBoo #Halloweekends
Happenings at Halloweekends
Every day during Halloweekends, you and your family can enjoy:
- Pumpkin Stomp 'n' Chomp enrichment treats for the animals (pumpkins courtesy of Eckert’s Country Store & Farms)
- Fall-themed food for purchase
- Unique Halloween decorations for photo opportunities
- Zoo's daily schedule, exhibits and attractions
- A kids' digital activity
- $2 of the price of an Adventure Pass for children ages 2 to 12 in costume* with on-site purchase
- Receive 10 percent off any purchase at Safari Gift Shop and Treetop Shop
Exclusive Zoo Member Discounts
Zoo Members receive:
- 20 percent off any purchase at Safari Gift Shop and Treetop Shop
- $10 off an animal adoption package with plush toy for children ages 2-12 in costume* (Visit a Welcome Desk for details.)
*Please see costume policy below.
Zoo Reservations Required
Free, timed-ticket reservations are required to visit the Zoo and Halloweekends.
For everyone's safety, the Zoo has implemented enhanced protocols and procedures. Guests are required to wear protective masks/face coverings — which must cover nose and mouth — while visiting.
Costumes & Safety
Family-friendly Halloween costumes are encouraged. Costume masks are not permitted for any age. *See costume policy below.
For everyone's safety, the Zoo has implemented enhanced protocols and procedures. Guests are required to wear protective masks/face coverings — which must cover nose and mouth — while visiting. See more information.
*Halloween Costume Policy
We welcome all visitors to get into the Halloween spirit and dress up for Boo at the Zoo and Halloweekends. However, the Zoo is a family-friendly place, and we have policies in place for everyone's safety and enjoyment:
- Costume masks are not permitted for any age. (Costume masks are defined as non-protective masks intended for decorative/costume-only use.)
- All guests ages 9 and above are required to wear protective masks/face coverings — which must cover nose and mouth — while visiting.
- No face paint that completely conceals the face
- Scary costumes are not permitted
- Costume appropriateness is up to the discretion of Zoo security
Be sure to check this page prior to your visit for any changes to this policy.
Parking & Directions
All-day parking ($15/vehicle) is available on the Zoo's North Lot on Government Drive and South Lot on Wells Drive. Limited street parking is available in Forest Park.
The Zoo will close to the public at 4 p.m. each night of Boo at the Zoo (all pathways, restaurants, exhibits, and attractions will no longer be open.) Doors will re-open at 5 p.m. for the event. Zoo visitors who are planning to attend Boo at the Zoo will need to exit the Zoo and have their Boo at the Zoo tickets scanned for re-entry starting at 5 p.m.
Food and Souvenirs
Taste what's brewing at Lakeside Cafe, Safari Grill, Tundra Treats, Carousel Cafe, Ray's Snack Shack, Sweet & Salty Co. and River Camp Cafe.
Visit Candy Crossing for Halloween-themed treats (like pumpkin and caramel apple pie fudge), and grab a fall-flavored drink from Starbucks! Enjoy your treats on our brand-new deck overlooking the lake, located behind the shops.
Boo at the Zoo
October 16-November 1
This non-scary, kid-friendly nighttime Halloween experience is filled with laughs and adventure. Children are encouraged to wear costumes. Boo at the Zoo is not a trick-or-treating experience. Admission ticket and advance reservation required.
“Doctor, Doctor!” The 2020 Boo at the Zoo T-shirt features a hyena dressed as a doctor. Prices range from $14-$16 for toddler to adult sizes. The white long-sleeved T-shirts are available for purchase at Safari Shop and Treetop Shop while supplies last. Quantities are limited.
How Do You Boo?
Show us your spooky side by snapping a picture at Boo at the Zoo and share it with us on Instagram. Two lucky winners will win four tickets to our holiday lights event, U.S. Bank Wild Lights, and a $75 Zoo gift card! To participate, share the pic on Instagram using the hashtag #StlZooBoo. (Make sure your profile is public!) Upload the photo during your visit using our Wi-Fi powered by Mid America Chevy Dealers.
Candy Shopping Guide
You can help wildlife by purchasing candy that contains sustainable palm oil. Use this candy list to help find wildlife-friendly treats.
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities for Boo at the Zoo or other Zoo events, please contact email@example.com.