Saint Louis Zoo’s 10th Annual Pollinator Dinner
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- 6 p.m. Exhibits and cash bar
- 7:15 p.m. Dinner
- 8:30 p.m. Speaker - Dr. Ed Spevak
The Living World
Join us for a special 10th annual Pollinator Dinner focusing on the diverse foods that pollinators help to provide. Before dinner, pick up seeds, enjoy a honey tasting and a honeybee-pollinated beverage as you visit exhibitor displays about pollinators, food, agriculture, gardening and habitat restoration. After dinner, sip mead and enjoy a presentation by Ed Spevak, Ph.D., Curator of Invertebrates at the Saint Louis Zoo and Director of the WildCare Institute Center for Native Pollinator Conservation. Dr. Spevak will discuss conservation efforts of the zoo and other organizations across the country. You'll also learn what you can do to conserve pollinators and the habitats and foods that depend upon them as we celebrate National Pollinator Week. A portion of the proceeds from this event supports the Center for Native Pollinator Conservation.
- $50 for adults (13 and older)
- $25 for children (2 to 12 years old)
Proceeds help support the Saint Louis Zoo’s Wildcare Institute Center for Native Pollinator Conservation.
To make a reservation, please call (314) 646-4897 or click the link below.
Noon on June 8
Free parking is provided on the North Lot on Government Drive. See Parking & Directions for driving directions.
Featuring “best of” menu items from the last nine Pollinator Dinners
- Fruit platter with anko cream dip (Chinese sweet adzuki bean)
- quinoa, amaranth and chayote salad
- Spring mix with strawberries, blueberries, fried cranberries and almonds, served with honey, lime and ginger dressing
- Tourtiere with mango chutney (French Canadian meat pie)
- Sunflower encrusted Swai (pangasius) seared riesling grapes and strawberries
- Butternut squash ravioli with fig and walnut in a parmesan cream sauce
- Mohegan "Three Sisters" succotash
- Thyme and rosemary roasted sweet potatoes
- Apricot almond corn muffins
- Acorn maple shortbread cookie with a Valrhona chocolate quenelle
- dessert honey
- passion fruit and fresh raspberries