Mummies and daddies are invited to bring their little ghouls and goblins to a day of educational activity stations and animal enrichment throughout the Zoo. Encounter surprises and goodies along the way, along with your favorite costumed characters and entertainment. Be sure to come and show off your costume at this event. There are plenty of photo opportunities including haystacks, pumpkins, and of course, our animals! It is a safe Halloween event all ghouls and goblins are sure to enjoy. Spooky Saturday is not a trick-or-treating experience.
October 27, 2018
9 a.m. to 2 p.m
Admission to the Zoo is FREE from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. only.
#BooAtTheZoo #stlzoo #FallAtTheZoo #StlZooBoo #SpookySaturday
Halloween Fun For All!
- Educational Activity Stations:
9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital Family Game Zone: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Bubble Bus: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Gypsy Rose Pirate Ship: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Strolling Entertainment: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Crafts and Games: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Costume Character Meet-and-Greet: 1- 2 p.m.
Pumpkin Stomp 'n Chomp
9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- 9:30 a.m. – California Sea Lions (Sea Lion Sound)
- 10 a.m. – Gorillas (Jungle of the Apes)
- 10:30 a.m. – Matschie’s Tree Kangaroo (Children’s Zoo)
- 11 a.m. – Guereza Colobus (Primate House)
- 11:30 a.m. – Giant Tortoises (Herpetarium)
- 1 p.m. – Hippos (River's Edge)
- 1:30 p.m. – Takin (Red Rocks)
- 2 p.m. – Grizzly Bears (The Wild)
Boo at the Zoo Nights
5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
This non-scary, kid-friendly Halloween experience is filled with laughs and adventure. Children are encouraged to wear costumes. Boo at the Zoo Nights is not a trick-or-treating experience. Admission ticket required.
Parking & Directions
All-day parking is available on the Zoo's North Lot on Government Drive and South Lot on Wells Drive. Parking is $15 per vehicle. Limited street parking is available in Forest Park.
Halloween Costume Policy
We welcome all visitors to get into the Halloween spirit and dress up for this event. However, the Zoo is a family-friendly place, and we have policies in place so little ones don't go "boo-hoo" at Boo at the Zoo:
- Scary costumes are not permitted
- Facial features on guests age 13 and older must be recognizable (no masks, no face paint that completely conceals the face)
- Costume appropriateness is up to the discretion of Zoo security
This year's Boo at the Zoo souvenir T-shirt features a sloth and celebrates the return of everyone’s favorite nanny. Prices range from $11-$19 for toddler to adult sizes. The white long-sleeved t-shirts will be available for purchase at Safari Gift Shop and Treetop Shop while supplies last.
Halloween Candy Shopping Guide
Protect orangutans by purchasing candy that uses sustainable palm oil! Use this orangutan-friendly sustainable palm oil Halloween candy list.
Show us your spooky side by snapping a picture at Boo at the Zoo and share it with us on Instagram. Two lucky winners will win four tickets to our holiday lights event, U.S. Bank Wild Lights! To participate, share the pic on Instagram using the hashtag #StlZooBoo. (Make sure your profile is public!) Upload the photo during your visit using our brand-new Wi-Fi powered by Mid America Chevy Dealers.
A Spooktacular Look at Spooky Saturday
*The Zoo will close to the public at 4 p.m. each night of Boo at the Zoo Nights (all pathways, exhibits, and attractions will no longer be open.) Doors will re-open at 5:30 p.m. for the event. Zoo visitors who are planning to attend Boo at the Zoo Nights the same day may receive a sticker (with purchase of event ticket) from a Welcome Desk before 4 p.m. which will allow them to stay on grounds until the event begins. At 4 p.m., security personnel will be asking all guests to move toward the center of the Zoo where Lakeside Cafe will remain open for refreshments.
Purchase tickets online, or at the door for Boo at the Zoo Nights. Discounts do not apply when purchasing tickets online or by phone.
The Zoo's wheelchair, stroller and ECV rental fees apply for this event.
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital
- Mid America Chevy Dealers
- Wells Fargo Advisors
- Delta Dental of Missouri
- Pirate’s Booty
- Original Sixlets® Chocolatey Candies
- Chocolat Frey
- 106.5 The Arch
- 92.3 New Country
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities for Boo at the Zoo or other Zoo special events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.