Select Nights Nov. 26 through Dec. 30, 2021
This holiday season, escape to a wonderland unlike any other at U.S. Bank Wild Lights. Our dazzling holiday event features brand-new light displays and themed areas. In addition to brilliant light displays, warm up with winter-themed treats, and say hello to the animals at Penguin & Puffin Coast and the Insectarium.
Use the links above to purchase your tickets. If you are having issues purchasing, please refer to Ticket Information tab below.
- High demand is expected and popular dates may sell out quickly.
- Capacity is limited to allow for social distancing.
- Check the ticket links above for current availability.
Advance online tickets required.
Ticket Prices (ages 2+)
Friday, Nov. 26 – Sunday, Nov. 28:
Wednesday, Dec. 1 – Sunday, Dec. 5:
Wednesday, Dec. 8 – Sunday, Dec. 12:
Monday, Dec. 13, Sensory Friendly Night:
For individuals with sensory sensitivities
Nightly, Dec. 15 – 23:
Sunday, Dec. 26 – Thursday, Dec. 30:
Free for children under age 2.
Admission includes entrance to Wild Lights, Conservation Carousel and 4D Theater. See the Ticket Information tab below for more information.
Proceeds from the event help the Zoo provide the highest quality care for its animals.
Park for free on the Zoo North or South parking lots during the event. See detailed directions.
Groups of 15 or More
Groups of 15 or more may receive a discount rate on tickets when purchased and paid for at least 7-days prior to your visit date. Please contact the Group Ticket Desk at (314) 646-4781 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Tickets are not available at the door and must be purchased in advance.
Two admission time slots are available for each evening of Wild Lights. You may choose between the following when purchasing your ticket online:
- 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- 6:30 to 8 p.m. (event ends at 8:30 p.m. Last admittance is at 8 p.m.)
You must arrive at the Zoo within your reserved time slot. Once at the event, you may stay as long as you wish, or until the event ends at 8:30 p.m.
Guests will have their reserved ticket scanned from their print-at-home ticket or digitally on their smartphone. Both Zoo entrances are open.
- High demand is expected and popular dates may sell out quickly.
- Capacity is limited to allow for good social distancing.
- Check the ticket links for current availability.
- Zoo reservations made for normal operating hours do not count as entry to the event.
- Tickets are valid only for day and time noted.
- Tickets are not refundable* or transferable (see Weather Conditions section below)
What is the best way to make reservations? Buying tickets online is a better option as the Zoo is experiencing high call volumes.
Purchase General Admission (Non-Member) tickets here
Purchase Member tickets here
What if I’m unable to purchase online? For those unable to access the Zoo’s website, please call (314) 646-4797 to speak with a representative. Lines are staffed daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Is there a help desk I can contact? For any issues related to online ticket purchases, please call (314) 646-4797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A Zoo representative will follow up with you as soon as possible.
Are group tickets available? Groups of 15 or more may receive a discount rate on tickets when purchased and paid for at least 7-days prior to your visit date. Please contact the Group Ticket Desk at (314) 646-4781 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Tickets are not available at the door and must be purchased in advance.
What time does Wild Lights open? The Zoo closes to the public at 4 p.m. daily (all pathways, restaurants, exhibits, and attractions will no longer be open.) Doors will re-open at 5 p.m. for the event. Zoo visitors who are planning to attend Wild Lights will need to exit the Zoo and have their Wild Lights tickets scanned for re-entry starting at 5 p.m.
Are strollers and wheelchairs available? The Zoo's wheelchair, stroller and ECV rental fees apply for this event.
Weather Conditions & Cancellations
Rain and snow may hinder some light displays from operating in wet conditions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
In the event Wild Lights is canceled to help ensure guest, staff and animal safety due to a forecast of extreme weather conditions (intense cold, ice or snow) or other unforeseen circumstances, an announcement will be made via social media and on our website before 3 p.m. the night of the event.
- *If you have tickets for a canceled event, you will receive a full refund on the credit or debit card used to purchase. The Zoo will do its best to issue refunds in a timely manner.
- *At this time, we are not able to exchange tickets. If you would like to attend on another date, tickets will need to be purchased for that date.
Looking for a mask? The Zoo has animal face and holiday themed masks available for purchase online and at Zoo gift shops. While supplies last.
- This is primarily an outdoor event.
- Masks/face coverings are required indoors for all guests age 5 and older, including those who are vaccinated.
- Guests age 5 and older not fully vaccinated are required to wear masks/face coverings both indoors and outdoors.
- Subject to change based on recommendations and guidelines from the St. Louis City Department of Health and CDC. Be sure to check this page prior to your visit for any changes to these policies.
Holiday Fun for All!
We're dialing up the dazzle with bright and shiny NEW light displays and themed areas.
New displays for 2021:
- Woodland Workshop
- Frozen Forest
- Glowing Garden
- Toy Town
- Meet Me in St. Louie
- Twinkling Tunnel
- Gingerbread Valley
- Polar Pointe Pathway
- Holly Jolly Hangout
- Candy Crossing
- Holiday Carolers: Nov. 26-27, Dec. 1, Dec. 3-4, Dec. 10-11, Dec. 15, Dec. 17-22
- Frozen Princesses appearances (Frozen Forest zone at South Entrance): Nov. 26-27, Dec. 4, Dec. 11, Dec. 17-19, Dec. 21-22
Please note these are the only animal exhibits open during Wild Lights.
Food & Shopping
Food & Drink
Festive food and special holiday beverages are available for purchase at several food venues.
Gather around one of our fire pits to warm your paws and roast s’mores (kits available for purchase).
Find that perfect present at one of our gift shops, which will offer a 10 percent discount on any purchase during event hours.
(20 percent discount for Zoo members).
5-8:30 Monday, Dec. 13
Sensory-Friendly Night is for individuals with sensory sensitivities, like those on the autism spectrum or with sensory processing disorders. This special night will mirror the traditional Wild Lights experience, but also includes sensory maps, quiet areas and trained Zoo staff to assist individuals with sensory sensitivities. The Zoo also will offer a limited number of free KultureCity sensory backpacks to check out and use during the event. These bags include headphones, fidgets and a weighted lap pad. Backpacks are to be returned at the end of the evening.
Share the Fun!
Vote for Wild Lights!
Wild Lights has been nominated as one of the top Best Zoo Lights displays in the U.S. by USA TODAY 10Best! For the last several years, we finished in the top 10 and this year we need your help to become #1! Vote once a day through 11 a.m. (CST) on December 6.
Visiting From Out of Town?
Looking for a place to stay while visiting the Zoo? Check out our hotel partners during your stay in St. Louis.
Candy Shopping Guide
Orangutans and other animals are in danger due to unsustainable palm oil plantations, which destroy their forest homes. Use this shopping guide to find candy that uses sustainable palm oil.
Zoo Gift Ideas
Find great holiday gift ideas for everyone on your list this year at the Saint Louis Zoo!