Stroll through the Saint Louis Zoo's enchanting holiday wonderland and enjoy 500,000 twinkling lights, illuminated animal displays, seasonal sounds and all kinds of festive fun.
Friday, Nov. 25–Sunday, Nov. 27
Wednesday, Nov. 30–Sunday, Dec. 4
Wednesday, Dec. 7–Sunday, Dec. 11
Every night — Wednesday, Dec. 14–Friday, Dec. 23
Every night — Monday, Dec. 26–Friday, Dec. 30
*5:30 to 8:30 p.m. (Ticket sales end at 8:00 p.m.)
- $7 for Zoo members
- $8 for non-members
- Children under 2 are free
- $9 for Zoo members
- $10 for non-members
- Children under 2 are free
Tickets are available for advance purchase online, or at the door on the night of the event starting at 5:30 p.m.
Holiday Fun for All!
- Light displays: Explore magical displays such as our Starry Safari and Jungle Bell Rock. Over half a million bulbs light up the Zoo!
- Campfire s'mores: Roast your own toasty treat (available for purchase) at the Holiday Traditions area sponsored by U.S. Bank.
- Fireside stories sponsored by Prairie Farms Dairy: Gather 'round the fire as storytellers like Tundra Tom spin wintry tales about penguins, reindeer and other wildlife. Perhaps Arctic Annie will share chronicles of Missouri critters that live all around us. Come fluff your fur, warm your paws, and perk up your listening ears as you hear captivating animal stories.
- Ice carving demonstrations: Behold ice sculptures forming right before your eyes, every weekend night**
- Live entertainment: Enjoy strolling carolers, costumed characters, and other live entertainment on select nights
- Kids’ corner: Enter the 102.5 KEZK Penguin PlayZone for penguin-themed games and crafts, photo ops and more.
**Live Ice Carving Demonstrations every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday except Friday, Dec. 9.
- Visit Kali the polar bear at McDonnell Polar Bear Point
- Waddle into Penguin & Puffin Coast
- Get buggy at Monsanto Insectarium
- Go underwater through the Sea Lion Sound tunnel
Please note these are the only animal exhibits open at night during the event.
Food & Shopping
- Hot chocolate, meals and snacks will be available for purchase at Lakeside Cafe, Safari Grill and Carousel Cafe.
- Shop our gift shops during Wild Lights and receive 10% off any purchase; Zoo members receive a 20% discount.
- Climb aboard your favorite animal on the Conservation Carousel. ($3/person, weather permitting)
- Chill out in the 4-D Theater featuring Polar Express—The 4-D Experience ($4/member; $5/non-member).
- U.S. Bank
- Prairie Farms Dairy
- Build-A-Bear Workshop® at the Zoo
- 102.5 KEZK
*The Zoo will close to the public at 4 p.m. each night of Wild Lights (all pathways, exhibits, and attractions will no longer be open.) Doors will re-open at 5:30 p.m. for the event. Zoo visitors who are planning to attend Wild Lights the same day may receive a sticker (with purchase of event ticket) from a Welcome Desk before 4 p.m. which will allow them to stay on grounds until the event begins. At 4 p.m., security personnel will be asking all guests to move toward the center of the Zoo where Lakeside Cafe will remain open for refreshments.