May 25 Through September 3, 2018
- Friday-Sunday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, June 15: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Memorial Day (May 28), Labor Day (September 3): 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
From Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, the Saint Louis Zoo offers your family even more flexibility with our expanded weekend hours. See Shows & Feedings for more information on what's happening during your visit.
Free Hour (8-9 a.m.)
The Children's Zoo, Conservation Carousel and Stingrays at Caribbean Cove presented by Mercy Kids are free from 8-9 a.m. each day during summer. Admission charges apply after 9 a.m.
Jungle Boogie Friday Night Concert Series presented by Mid America Chevy Dealers
May 25 through August 31
5-8 p.m. Free!
"Splish splash" with the stingrays, "cha-cha" with the cheetahs, "salsa" with the sea lions or "two-step" with the tigers at Jungle Boogie, the Zoo's free Friday night concert series for the whole family.
- May 25: Funky Butt Brass Band (Funk/soul)
- June 1: Johnny Henry Band (Country)
- June 8: Griffin and the Gargoyles (Classic and today’s hits)
- June 15: No concert due to A Zoo Ado
- June 22: Hazard to Ya Booty (Funk)
- June 29: Zydeco Crawdaddys (Zydeco/Creole)
- July 6: Retro Boogie (Retro hits)
- July 13: Mighty Pines (American roots)
- July 20: Marquise Knox (Blues)
- July 27: Soulard Blues Band (Blues)
- August 3: Ticket to the Beatles (Beatles tribute)
- August 10: Miss Jubilee (1920s-1950s blend of jazz, swing, rhythm & blues)
- August 17: Midnight Piano Band (Classic piano rock)
- August 24: Three Pedros (Acoustic rock)
- August 31: The LustreLights (Classic and today’s hits )
Radio Sponsor: iHeart Media
The Sea Lion Show at the Sea Lion Sound is oceans of fun for the whole family! At the 2018 show, our sea lion superstars will thrill you with flipper walks, ball balancing and lots of splashing! Timed tickets are $4 per person; children under age 2 are free. Shows at the Sea Lion Arena are at 11 a.m., 1 and 2:30 p.m. daily in summer, with an additional show at 4 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Click here for a full schedule
Live animal shows include a variety of exotic and domestic animals showcasing natural behaviors on stage at the Children's Zoo. Shows are at 10 and 11 a.m., 1 and 2 p.m. daily starting May 26, with an additional show at 4 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays, Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Keeper chats with live animals on stage at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. daily, with a 5:30 p.m. chat on Saturdays, Sundays, Memorial Day and Labor Day. Admission to the Children's Zoo is $4 per person with free admission the first hour the Zoo is open; children under 2 are free.
Daily, 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Monday: Children's Zoo (10:30), Giraffes (2:30)
- Tuesday: Animal Nutrition Center (10:30), Orangutans (2:30)
- Wednesday: Herpetarium (10:30), Gorillas (2:30)
- Thursday: Bird House (10:30), Primate House (2:30)
- Friday: Children's Zoo (10:30), Big Cats (2:30)
- Saturday: Cheetahs (10:30), Elephants (2:30)
- Sunday: Polar bear (11:00), Insectarium (2:30)
Stop by a Welcome Desk and ask about our Safari Tours! For $5 per person (children under 2 are free), take a 30-minute walking tour with one of our knowledgeable interpreters. Tour choices are Extreme Zoo Safari, River's Edge Safari and African Safari.
The stingrays and sharks are back for a season-long pool party at Stingrays at Caribbean Cove presented by Mercy Kids!
Watch, touch and occasionally feed the unique and fascinating stingrays, as they glide through a warm saltwater pool. The sharks are a little too shy for petting, but you may be lucky enough to have one touch you briefly as it swims by.
Animal Enrichment & Training
Saturdays 5 - 5:30 p.m.
May 26: Giant tortoise in Historic Hill
June 2: Lemurs in the Primate House
June 9: Lemurs in the Primate House
June 16: Babirusa at Red Rocks
June 23: Sun Bear at River's Edge
June 30: Gorillas at Jungle of the Apes
July 7: Camels at Red Rocks
July 14: TBD
July 21: TBD
July 28: TBD
August 4: TBD
August 11: Lions at Red Rocks
August 18: Giant tortoise in Historic Hill
August 25: Gorillas at Jungle of the Apes
September 1: Kangaroos at Red Rocks
Sundays 5 - 5:30 p.m.
May 27: Lemurs at Primate House
June 3: Polar bear at Polar Bear Point
June 10: Zebras at Red Rocks
June 17: Birds at Bird Garden Aviary
June 24: American alligator on Historic Hill
July 1: Humboldt penguins at Penguin & Puffin Coast
July 8: Lemurs at Primate House
July 15: Giraffes at Red Rocks
July 22: Orangutans at Jungle of the Apes
July 29: Birds at Bird Garden Aviary
August 5: Grizzly bears at Grizzly Ridge
August 12: American alligator on Historic Hill
August 19: Orangutans at Jungle of the Apes
August 26: Humboldt penguins at Penguin & Puffin Coast
September 2: Elephants at River's Edge
*Schedule is subject to change.