Stroll through the Saint Louis Zoo's enchanting holiday wonderland
and enjoy festive fun for the whole family!
The Zoo closes at 4 p.m. each day of Wild Lights.*
In the event Wild Lights is canceled due to extreme weather conditions (intense cold, ice or snow), an announcement will be made via social media and on our website before 4 p.m. the night of the event. If Wild Lights is canceled, guests who purchased tickets online for that evening’s event may redeem their tickets at the door on any remaining night of the 2019 event.
Admission includes entrance to Wild Lights, the Conservation Carousel and the 4D Theater featuring "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer 4D."
- Monday-Thursday: $8/members, $9/non-members
- Friday-Sunday: $10/members, $11/non-members
- Children under age 2 are free.
Online Ticket Purchases: Advance online ticket purchase is strongly encouraged for this popular event. You may purchase a ticket for the event day of your choice.
Onsite Ticket Purchases: You may purchase tickets at the Zoo if you plan to attend Wild Lights that same day. Tickets cannot be purchased on-site for future event dates (day of event only).
- Guests visiting the Zoo during the day may purchase Wild Lights tickets for that same night. Tickets must be purchased at a Welcome Desk before 4 p.m., at which time the Zoo will close. Guests will receive a sticker with their purchase, which will allow them to stay within the central area of the Zoo until the event begins at 5:30 p.m. Lakeside Cafe will be open for refreshments during this time.
- Tickets are available at the door beginning at 5:30 p.m. Ticket sales and event entrances will close at 8 p.m.
- U.S. Bank customers can receive a buy one, get one free ticket (limit two free tickets per family, on-site, same-day sales only) when they show their U.S. Bank credit or debit card.
Coming with A Group of 15 or More?
Groups of 15 or more may receive a group rate of $8/person on weekdays and $10/person on weekends. Group tickets must be ordered in advance and placed by 11 a.m. on the evening you plan to attend. Group tickets for Saturday and Sunday nights must be ordered by 11 a.m. on the Friday before the weekend event.
To order group tickets, call (314) 646-4781 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday through Friday only.
Free parking is available in both the North and South Lots during event hours.
Holiday Fun for All!
- Light Displays: Delight in over 1 million twinkling lights and whimsical animal-themed displays across Zoo grounds.
- Fire Pits: Gather around one of our fire pits to warm your paws and roast your own s’mores, available for purchase.
- Children’s Activities: Enjoy winter crafts and activities, costumed characters, and fun photo opportunities.
- Weekend Live Entertainment: Enjoy holiday carolers and other strolling live performances on weekend nights.
The 4D Theater featuring “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer 4D” and the Conservation Carousel are open each night and are included with your Wild Lights ticket purchase.
Food & Shopping
Festive food and special holiday beverages will be available for purchase.
Find that perfect present at one of our gift shops, which will offer a 10 percent discount on any purchase during event hours.
(20 percent discount for Zoo members).
Give a holiday hello to the animals in Penguin & Puffin Coast and the Bayer Insectarium.
Please note these are the only animal exhibits open at night during the event.
Take a stroll to
Romantics can stroll through the Zoo to the new Lovebirds Lookout area overlooking the lake for a beautiful view of Wild Lights and a special, heart-warming photo opportunity.
One of the Best Zoo Lights displays in the country
U.S. Bank Wild Lights was nominated as the Best Zoo Lights display in the U.S. by USA TODAY 10Best for the fourth year in a row! Voting has ended for 2019. Winners will be announced on December 13.
Sensory Night at U.S. Bank Wild Lights
Monday, December 9
We want people of all abilities to enjoy our Zoo experiences, so we are offering a special night for individuals on the autism spectrum and others who may benefit from a sensory-friendly experience. This event will mirror the traditional Wild Lights experience, but the evening will offer quiet areas and trained Zoo staff to assist families. For questions about Sensory Night, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Your Night With
Dinner With Santa
5 p.m. & 7 p.m.
Bring the whole family for a festive holiday experience at the Zoo. Meet Santa and his holiday helpers during an exquisite Italian buffet dinner. Santa will present a treat to the children and the whole family will enjoy admission to Wild Lights*!
5 p.m. guests can enjoy the lights after dinner, and 7 p.m. guests are encouraged to enjoy the lights before dinner. *Weather permitting.
Calling all lovebirds! As you stroll through the Zoo at U.S. Bank Wild Lights, visit our new Lovebirds Lookout area. It overlooks the lake and showcases a beautiful view of Wild Lights—a perfect photo opportunity. Enter your Lovebirds Lookout photos in the Zoo's Instagram contest using hashtags #ILoveZoo and #USBankWildLights. You could win a pair of penguin plush toys, plus reservations for two to the Zoo's upcoming Untamed Hearts Valentine's Dinner in February.
Visiting From Out of Town?
Looking for a place to stay while visiting the Zoo? Check out our hotel partners during your stay in St. Louis.
Discounts do not apply when purchasing tickets online. The Zoo's wheelchair, stroller and ECV rental fees apply for this event.
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities for Wild Lights or other Zoo events, please contact email@example.com.