Become a Zoo Parent at the Saint Louis Zoo. When you adopt an animal, your donation goes toward the animals' care and daily feeding. For a few dollars, you can pick up the tab for an elephant's 100-pounds-a-day hay habit or keep a sea lion swimming pretty with 25 pounds of fish a day.
Adopt an Animal
There are three ways to purchase an adoption package as a gift or for yourself:
- Visit a Welcome Desk at the North or South Entrance
- Click the link below to order online
- Call the Membership Office at (314) 646-4771, option 2
Shipping Information: Each adoption is lovingly and personally packed by our volunteers. Please allow 14 to 21 business days for shipping.
** Prices include shipping and handling for locations within the contiguous United States.
Zoo Parents adoption packages make one-of-a-kind gifts that keep on giving!
When you become a Saint Louis Zoo Parent, your adoption contribution entitles you to added benefits.
From addax to zebu, every animal at the Saint Louis Zoo is available for adoption at many different donation levels.
Find answers to our Frequently Asked Questions.
Only a Nile Hippopotamus Will Do...So adopt a holiday hippo from the Zoo!
This special 2022 holiday adoption package includes:
- A 12-inch hippo plush toy with 2022 commemorative tag (while supplies last)
- Holiday gift card from you
- Personalized adoption certificate
- Color photo and animal facts
- and More!
Need a Great Gift?
The following animal adoption packages include a plush toy or other special promotional item (while supplies last):