Have you ever met a penguin, fed a giant tortoise, scratched a legless lizard? Your group can share an experience like none other: behind the scenes at the Saint Louis Zoo. Get a peek at what it's like to be a zookeeper. See the animals up close and personal. Each tour provides the enthralling, breathtaking experience of seeing the world's dramatic wildlife up close. This is a great opportunity for groups of all sizes and interests.
Book Your Tour: Don't wait - book your tour today!
Behind-the-Scenes Tours can be combined with your corporate or private event, or with extra amenities, such as tickets to the Zooline Railroad, Children's Zoo, Adventure Passes and more!
Rules and regulations:
- Tours need to be scheduled 3 weeks in advance due to various animal considerations and availability. Tours do not have set dates to allow for better scheduling flexibility. Call Tour Agent for details.
- Most tours are available year-round and in all weather conditions.
- For safety reasons, children must be accompanied by an adult. For most tours, children should be at least 8 years old.
- All tours are walking tours. No transportation provided.
- Tours are not guaranteed to be private, unless your group fills the maximum capacity.
- The Saint Louis Zoo reserves the right to cancel any tour due to unforeseen circumstances. The Zoo will contact you to reschedule your tour.
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours are non-refundable; however, if it becomes necessary to reschedule your tour for another date, you may do so by calling at least 48 hours before the tour without incurring any additional charges. Tours cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will have 30 days to reschedule and may incur a $25 rescheduling fee. No refunds or rescheduling opportunities will be given for no call/no shows.
- Payment must be received at least 10 business days prior to the tour date.
- Due to the unpredictability of animals, tour experiences may vary. All participants must abide by staff instructions at all times.
- School groups at high school level and above are welcome to participate in Behind-the-Scenes tours, however space is limited. Call Group Tour Agent for school group accommodations.
- We welcome individuals with special needs. Please discuss any special needs or requirements with the Tour Agent prior to booking. *Note: Not all tour areas are fully accessible.
Book A Tour
We require reserving at least three weeks in advance. To give your group a truly unique experience, please fill out the form below or contact our Group Tours Agent at (314) 781-0900 ext. 4840.