September 6 through October 12
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
October 13 through December 31
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, except holidays listed below
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Day)
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Closed all day on Sunday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 31 (New Year's Eve)
- Closed all day on Sunday, January 1, 2023 (New Year's Day)
2022 hours subject to change
Effective Monday, May 23, 2022, the Saint Louis Zoo will no longer limit attendance and guests do not need reservations.
Fall Attraction Hours
- Zooline Railroad — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ($7.95/person*)
- Dinoroarus — Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ($5.95/person*)
- Stingrays at Caribbean Cove — Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ($3.95/person*)
- Sea Lion Show — ($3.95/person*) See show schedule
- Conservation Carousel — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ($2.95/person*)
- 4D Theater — 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ($3.95/person Zoo Members; $4.95/person non-members*)
Times listed are for September and October 2022
Food and Shopping
Most food and beverage locations and gift shops are open, including Starbucks. Some of the safety enhancements include:
- All food items sold are prepackaged in closed containers or wrappers, similar to what you may see at most restaurants.
- Reduced menu items are streamlined for safety and efficiency to be as seamless as possible in serving a large volume of guests daily.
- Seating at indoor restaurants and outdoor picnic areas has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Regularly scheduled sanitizing of all indoor and outdoor eating areas
- Guest capacity limits in gift shops
Breakfast at the Zoo
Planning a visit to the Zoo in the morning? Visit Lakeside Cafe in the center of the Zoo for a variety of breakfast options.
What to know before, during and after your visit: click for FAQs
Learn more about our stroller, wheelchair and electronic convenience rentals, accessibility services, and Zoo rules, polices and prohibited items.
Although safety precautions as to your visit are taken by the Saint Louis Zoo, every visitor is responsible for his or her personal safety and that of children or others under their supervision. In consideration of access to the Zoo, visitors (a) agree to comply with Zoo policies and instructions, including those on signage, (b) understand and agree that coronavirus, COVID-19, has infected individuals in the St. Louis area, that it is contagious and that it can spread to persons in any number of ways, (c) agree that they assume responsibility for any injury (including personal injury, disability or death), illness, damage, loss claim, liability, or expense arising out of or related to COVID-19 experienced or contracted in connection with a Zoo visit, (d) that they waive and release all claims against the Zoo and its commissioners, officers, employees, volunteers and agents relative to the foregoing matters, and (e) that they agree that the Zoo is legally entitled to sovereign immunity regarding to any such claims.
Following government guidelines, beginning Sunday, March 6, 2022, the Zoo will no longer have mask requirements for guests, but still recommends that guests wear them indoors. Please continue to be kind and considerate of others’ decision to wear or not wear masks.
Paper maps are available at the Zoo. You may download this PDF in advance and use it on your mobile device while you're here. Click map to see key and more details.
Maps in Foreign Languages: Zoo maps written in Arabic, Bosnian, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish and Vietnamese are available here and the North and South Entrances. For more accommodation options, visit our Accessibility page.
Groups of 15 or More — Discounts
Groups of 15 or more can purchase discounted tickets to attractions, Adventure Passes and meal vouchers through the Group Tickets office. Fill out the Group Tickets Inquiry Form, or call (314) 646-4781 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. (CDT), Monday through Friday. Full payment for your selected items is due two (2) weeks prior to your event date.
Other Groups — Schools, Day Care Centers, Scout Troops, etc.In order to best serve you and your group, please complete the group registration form. The information you submit helps the Zoo staff prepare for your visit and enables us to contact you in an emergency. Upon form submission, you will receive a confirmation email with detailed information about bus parking, group picnic areas and other exciting opportunities.
Stay Connected & Virtual Learning
Enjoy your stay in St. Louis at area partner hotels.
We are grateful for our sponsors and their support. Free WIFI powered by Mid America Chevy Dealers