ALL ABOARD! The Emerson Zooline Railroad offers a 20-minute narrated tour weaving through tunnels and past favorite animal exhibits on a 1½-mile round trip. One of the Zoo's most popular attractions, the Zooline Railroad has transported more than 39 million visitors since 1963. The railroad operates year-round, weather permitting.
The Zooline Railroad is ADA accessible. Passengers in wheelchairs have a large area on the train car, with fold down seats for companions. The Zoo has also added ramps with lower slopes.
Zooline Railroad Hours
Summer 2020 Hours:
- Sunday through Thursday: 9 a.m to 5 p.m.*
- Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.*
*Please note that attractions are weather dependent and hours and operations are subject to change.
- Tickets are $7.95 and include all day on-off privileges. Tickets expire at end of day.*
- Children under age 2 are free. Purchase tickets at any of four stations for a tour of the Zoo. Save with an Adventure Pass.
- Groups of 15 or more may purchase discounted train tickets by calling group services in advance at (314) 646-4718.
*You may leave the train, visit exhibits and reboard. Personal fold-up strollers and large personal items are permitted if riding in a seat with at least one passenger at all times. Zoo-rented strollers may not be taken on the train.
For kids 7-107!
Come aboard and learn to be an Engineer-for-a-Day! Get a “behind the scenes” look at what it takes to be a part of the Zooline Railroad at the Saint Louis Zoo.