ALL ABOARD! The Emerson Zooline Railroad offers a 20-minute narrated tour weaving through tunnels and past favorite animal exhibits on a 1½-mile round trip. One of the Zoo's most popular attractions, the Zooline Railroad has transported more than 39 million visitors since 1963. The railroad operates year-round, weather permitting.
The Zooline Railroad is ADA accessible. Passengers in wheelchairs have a large area on the train car, with fold down seats for companions. The Zoo has also added ramps with lower slopes.
Zooline Railroad Hours
The Emerson Zooline Railroad will be closed starting on Monday, November 4 to undergo extensive track replacements, to be followed by other construction impacting operations. We look forward to chugging back into action in early, Spring 2020.
- Daily: 9:30 a.m to 5 p.m.*
- Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m to 5 p.m.*
- Friday through Sunday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.*
*Please note that attractions are weather dependent and hours and operations are subject to change.
- Tickets are $7.95 and include all day on-off privileges. Tickets expire at end of day.*
- Children under age 2 are free. Purchase tickets at any of four stations for a tour of the Zoo. Save with an Adventure Pass.
- Groups of 15 or more may purchase discounted train tickets by calling group services in advance at (314) 646-4718.
*You may leave the train, visit exhibits and reboard. Personal fold-up strollers and large personal items are permitted if riding in a seat with at least one passenger at all times. Zoo-rented strollers may not be taken on the train.
For kids 7-107!
Come aboard and learn to be an Engineer-for-a-Day! Get a “behind the scenes” look at what it takes to be a part of the Zooline Railroad at the Saint Louis Zoo.