Strollers and Wheelchair Rentals
Wheelchairs, strollers and motorized vehicles are available to rent at The Living World and South Gate. All are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Wheelchairs: $8 per day. A photo I.D. is required for rental.
- Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECV): Available to those 18 years or older in limited quantities at $28.00 per day. Add $10 for canopy. Other restrictions may apply. A government-issued ID must be provided for rental of Electric Convenience Vehicles.
- Single strollers: $9 per day
- Double strollers: $11 per day
- Infant strollers: $10 per day. Intended for infants not exceeding 25 pounds. Limited quantity available.
The Saint Louis Zoo's programs and facilities are available for people of all abilities. Please let us know (preferably 24 hours in advance) if there is anything that would make a program or facility more accessible to you or your group. Main telephone number: (314) 781-0900, (800) 966-8877
All major facilities are wheelchair accessible, as are most restrooms. A map of the Zoo, including ramps, accessible entrances and grades of pathways, is available as you enter the Zoo.
See our online visual schedule. It was designed with the intent of helping caregivers of individuals with autism and other special needs make the most of a visit to the Zoo, but can be utilized by anyone.
Equal Access Passes are intended to accommodate visitors with disabilities who require alternative access to an attraction that does not include a continuous wait in line. Valid attractions include Zooline Railroad, Stingrays at Caribbean Cove, 4-D Ride Theater and indoor experience at Polar Bear Point and Penguin & Puffin Coast. The free passes may be obtained at the Rentals Desks at both Zoo Entrances.
Coolers, Picnic Baskets
Coolers and picnic baskets are permitted on the Zoo grounds. There are picnic tables located in central areas at the Zoo.
Hospital paramedics, EMTs and Zoo volunteers staff the new facility located near the Conservation Carousel at the northeast corner of the Zoo. The building includes curtained-off exam areas and cots for patients. The First Aid Station is also lactation site for nursing mothers and a place for lost children to reunite with their families.
A first aid vehicle equipped with first aid supplies and a stretcher will also reach people needing assistance at locations around the Zoo.
Visit St. Louis Children's Hospital for more information.
Zoo Rules and Policies
For the safety and welfare of our animals and visitors, the following are prohibited:
- Smoking is prohibited, except in designated smoking areas
- Dogs or other pets (service animals are permitted, except in the Children's Zoo goat yard and Antelope House)
- Feeding the animals
- Entering non-public areas
- Firearms and weapons (even if you have a concealed carry endorsement)
- Bicycles (racks are available at entrances)
- Segways, hoverboards
- Skates, skateboards, roller blades or scooters
- Loud radios
- Swim suits
- Profanity on clothing
- Wearing a costume or mask if over the age of 13
Please note the following policies:
- Shirt and Shoes are required.
- The Zoo may take photographs of your party during your visit to the Zoo. These photos may be used by the Zoo for both internal and public publications, including the Zoo website and social media channels.
- Distribution of any advertisement, circular or handbill, or solicitation of funds or pledges of contributions within Zoo property is prohibited.
- Personal video and photography are permitted, provided they don't interrupt the visitor experience for others
- Student/commercial filming must be approved by the Zoo's Public Relations Department in advance
- Strollers and other personal belongings are left unattended at the owner's risk.
Your cooperation with these rules is appreciated.
The rules and policies listed here are not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all rules and policies. Contact the Human Resources Department at (314) 781-0900 for more information.
Tickets and wristbands are nonrefundable. The Zoo is not responsible for refunding purchases in the event of inclement weather, attraction wait times, early closing times or special events.